You have no items in your shopping cart.
Toddlers may grow so fast that they need completely new wardrobes every few months (and in some cases weeks), but that’s not stopping fashion-forward parents with a taste for luxury from paying top dollar for designer looks for their little ones. To that end, countless high-end designers have branched out into children’s wear — yes that means Bonpoint is no longer the pinnacle of toddler luxury.
It’s not all $450 miniature boots however; following in Stella McCartney’s footsteps, Diane von Furstenberg is launching a limited edition line for Gap Kids and Baby Gap in March 2012 and Target’s extensive capsule collection with Missioni, launching in September, will include items for kids and babies. In the meantime, however, $600 Fendi dresses and Jennifer Lopez-endorsed Gucci it is. Here’s a look at the best high-end childrenswear lines.
Lanvin – the collection just made its debut at the 2012 Lanvin Resort show.
2. Christian Louboutin – get a bespoke pair of red-sole flats for your little ones.
3. Marc Jacobs – so popular, Little Marc Jacobs even has a full-fledged e-commerce site.
4. Jean Paul Gaultier – if you’re to go by the French couturier, no matter what your age, we should all be in sailor stripes.
5. Fendi – launched with runway shows in Milan and New York, the line is designed for children between the ages of 3 months and 12 years old.
6. Gucci – launched in the spring, the line includes accessories and is designed with babies and children 2 to 8 years old in mind, priced between $50 and $3,500.
7. Stella McCartney – a pioneer in the arena with her line for The Gap, her namesake kids' pieces are inspired by runway looks.
8. Missoni – while you may have to wait until September to get anything in the ballpark of $20, the brand already has a luxury designer kids line and a Bugaboo in tow.
9. Burberry – those looking for matching mother-daughter trench coats need not look further than the famed British brand.
10. Young Versace – expect the brand’s signature Medusa to be incorporated into the line which hits stores at the end of 2011.
dejavuJul 22 2015